In collaboration with Exploring Messinia Outdoor Activities we present to you a unique way to explore and experience our coastline by Sea Kayaking. Paddling at the foot of the imposing Taygetos, we discover the wild beauty of a place that was never conquered.
Sea Kayaks give us the opportunity to explore inch by inch the rich imagery and diversity of the indented coastline of Mani. We paddle in turquoise waters, discovering idyllic beaches sprouted between the coastal fishing villages, which are rich in history and tradition.
At the beginning of the activity we attend a brief but comprehensive introduction to the basics of sea kayaking. We get our kayaks and begin to enjoy an excursion where each little cove hides a special surprise such as hidden caves, cliffs with spectacular formations and unique beaches with sand or pebbles such as the well hidden beach of Foneas with the white pebbles or the beach of Kalogria with its fine golden sand and turquoise waters.
The beach of Kalogria is known as the beach of Zorbas, as this was the place where writer Nikos Kazantzakis met his hero of his book Zorba the Greek. Halfway we make a relaxing stop for swimming, snorkeling and a picnic with local traditional delicacies.
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: boat, paddle, life jacket, spray-skirt, waterproof jacket
- Extra equipment: waterproof bags and cases, pumps and paddle-float
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles and respirators)
- BCU trained and certified guides
- Sea Kayak course
- Tour planning – Sightseeing
- Picnic with fruit and Traditional delicacies
- Photographs from the activity
- Liability insurance